The purpose of the Riding Association is to organize for electoral, political, educational purposes, and to nominate candidates for electoral office. The riding association also recruits new members and carries out administrative work required by the party and Elections Canada. The executive and members also have a key role in internal NDP processes, sending delegates to party conventions and advancing policy positions within the NDP.
The Hamilton Centre Federal NDP Riding Association was revamped in 2020 with the intention of: building capacity in Hamilton Centre, increasing transparency, skill-sharing, and focussing on growth. As a member of the NDP and the Hamilton Centre Riding Association, there are a variety of ways to engage with the Riding Association, through our committees, events, actions, and volunteering.
- Bylaw Committee - Chaired by Ian Borsuk
- Membership Committee - Chaired by Adrian Underhill and Ian Borsuk
- Fundraising and Merchandise Sub-committee
- Training Sub-committee - Chaired by Ian Borsuk
- Projects Sub-committee
- Communications and Social Media Committee - Chaired by Mich Monette
- Finance Committee - Chaired by Trevor Burgess