Hamilton Centre Federal NDP EDA is seeking a paid Community Organizer to coordinate members and volunteers, phone banking, membership events, and fundraising. Please read on for more info about the role, and how to apply!
Start date: ASAP
Contract length: six (6) months, part time (10 to 15 hours per week/$20 an hour); option for extension
Hamilton Centre Federal NDP EDA is seeking a paid Community Organizer to coordinate members and volunteers, phone banking, membership events, and fundraising.
- Support the executive to implement the membership re-engagement plan
- Phone banking, organizing membership drives, community events, town halls, etc.
- Engage existing and new members who would like to volunteer and/or be more involved with the EDA
- Pre-election organizing and campaign preparation
- Recruit, train, and engage existing and new members through organized phone bank calling, events, and other creative modes of engagement
- Track phone bank data and ensure all data is entered + updated in NationBuilder
- Create and implement fundraising initiatives
The Community Organizer will primarily operate remotely, although at times may be required to attend events or assist with in-person events, depending on COVID-19 restrictions.
Desirable skills and qualifications:
- Experience managing and training volunteers
- Experience with phone banking and data input
- Experience using Nation Builder data management system a big plus
- Experience organizing and implementing fundraising initiatives
- Experienced in NDP, community or issue based organizing
- Knowledge of Hamilton Centre riding neighbourhoods
- Self-motivated and able to meet goals with minimal direct supervision
- Dedicated to social justice, community building and supportive of NDP policies and value
- Works well as part of a team in a member-based, public, high pressure environment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, both by phone and in person
- Well organized, with excellent record keeping skills and attention to details
- Experience and comfort with database tools; Excel and Word proficiency are an asset
- Fluency in language(s) other than English is an asset
Please note, training provided by the party, Hamilton Centre Federal NDP’s volunteer and riding executive, and campaign team will be available where possible to fill gaps in knowledge and boost existing skills.
The Community Organizer reports directly to the Riding Association executive committee, primarily through the President.
Start date and weekly hours:
Anticipated start date: ASAP
10 - 15 hours per week, to be determined between the successful candidate and President.
$20 per hour
Expressions of interest should include a cover letter indicating your suitability for the position and a resume with your experience and qualifications
Please direct submissions to: [email protected] (include "Community Organizer Application" in subject line please!)
Applications are reviewed on receipt and every effort will be made to schedule interviews as soon as possible. This job posting will remain up until July 18th.